Growing stories: How has the RHS inspired you
The RHS’s charitable mission is simple – “to enrich everyone’s life through plants and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place” they believe “everyone in every village, town and city should benefit from growing plants to enhance lives, build stronger, healthier, happier communities, and create better places to live”.
We wholeheartedly agree with this mission and that’s why we’re kicking off our new Growing Stories blog series in association with the RHS. The new blog series will shine the spotlight on your experiences of your RHS membership and how it has helped you grow. It’s a call to action for you to get involved and tell your personal story and inspire others.
If you have an idea or can answer any of the questions below we’d love to hear from you:
- Has a visit to an RHS Garden or a Partner Garden inspired your own planting?
- Do you have a story about connecting with friends at an RHS Garden or Show?
- Has a visit to an RHS Garden or Show led to something unexpected e.g. a new friendship, involvement in a community project, a change in your own approach to gardening or perhaps new design or planting idea for your garden?
- Have you ever used the RHS free advice service and how has it helped you?
- Do you take the family along to RHS Gardens or Shows and did you have fun?
- Have you converted a friend or family member to become a supporter of the RHS?
- Has taking your family along to an RHS Garden and/or Show helped to get them into growing? Perhaps your children or indeed grandchildren have enjoyed a day out with you?
- Have you attended a GardenTags Meet-Up at an RHS Garden or Show? How was it for you?
- Has the RHS inspired you to go professional or study for an RHS exam? Or perhaps you are a professional gardener who loves to visit RHS Gardens and Shows?
- Have you been lucky enough to have been gifted an RHS membership?
Whatever your story is we’d love to hear from you. There are a number of opportunities to get involved from writing a blog, creating a photo journal of your visit to recording a short video about your experience. If you’re pressed for time or perhaps not too confident writing your own story yours truly can send you some interview questions or indeed interview you over the phone. Don’t forget you’ll also get a much coveted GardenTags blogger badge too 🙂
I’d love to hear your story so please drop me a line at email@example.com with your idea and I’ll get right back to you 🙂
Here’s the official disclaimer bit… The views, opinions and positions expressed within these guest posts are those of the author alone and do not represent those of GardenTags. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this guest blog post are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations.